Decorating & Furniture/Bay Window Treatments

I have a bay window in my dining room.  (It's 3 double hung windows with transoms above them).  I like the look of silk panels but don't want to cover too much of the windows.  I and am wondering if you would hang the panels on the ends and on either side of the center window (using 4 panels total) or would you just hang them on the two ends?  Also, would you hang them on rings or use rod pockets?  I really don't need them to be functional, just decorative.  Thanks!

If there are wall spaces between the 3 double hung windows with transoms, I'd hang the panels OVER the wall spaces to trick the eye into thinking it's one large window.  If not, and the window abut one another, I'd opt to hang them on the outside ends.  Your choice on rings or rod pockets.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology