Decorating & Furniture/Bay Window curtain rods

My den has two large windows on opposite wall, one of which is bay window.  I would like to make tab curtains for both windows.   Bay window curtain rods that I have located are not a "thing of beauty."  What kind of rod do you suggest or I am I stuck with having to have a valance.  The Center section of the bay window is only 36" wides and the angled sides are about 24."  The angle is probably around 140 degrees.   How would you suggest I co-ordinate the two windows?  Any help would be appreciated.  

From a "rod" standpoint, treat the window as 3 separate pieces.  From a "curtain" standpoint, treat it as one.  The trick is to hang the one curtain on 3 rods that are not continuous; easily done by slipping one end of the rod out of the holder bracket and sliding on the tab-tops, then reattaching the rod into the bracket.  You may need an extra pair of hands, but it can be done.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology