Decorating & Furniture/Bay window curtains

Question
Hi Jenny again,

I had sent you a question earlier about putting together bay window curtain rods i have figured it all out except, what's the purpose the threader?  Also, will I have to buy 3 curtains for the one bay window because the way the rods is made it seems that way because you just can slide it over the support bracket because of the bracket being drilled into the wall.  Could I have just bought regular curtain rods for each of the windows in the bay window?

Answer
Angela,

The short answer is yes (three panels will work best) and yes (you probably could have purchased three rods).  What you may opt to do is open the rod pocket hem an inch or two on your drape to allow the continuous flow of the drape (over the support bracket).  This would allow you to use one drape/curtain rather than three.  You may find however, that three will be more economical than one for your particular sized window.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik