Decorating & Furniture/Bedding and bath

Hi Jenny,

I have had a difficult time trying to find comforters and shower curtains that I really like.  Do you have any suggestions for stores online or otherwise.  I live in Michigan and have been to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Sears,Marshall Fields, etc.

I got a new pillow top mattress and am finding that the sheets that I bought years ago are more comfortable and soft than even the 350 thread count sheets I just bought.  

Does percale sheets make a difference?

Try,, Linens and Things, TJMaxx, Marshall's, Stein Mart.  I particularly like JCPenney linens - same brand names as larger and more expensive department stores.  

Higher thread counts indicate softness.  Try washing and drying your higher thread count sheets before using them.  Laundering them removes the "stiffener" used in the packaging process.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology