Decorating & Furniture/Bedding and bath

Question
Hi Jenny,

I have had a difficult time trying to find comforters and shower curtains that I really like.  Do you have any suggestions for stores online or otherwise.  I live in Michigan and have been to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Sears,Marshall Fields, etc.

I got a new pillow top mattress and am finding that the sheets that I bought years ago are more comfortable and soft than even the 350 thread count sheets I just bought.  

Does percale sheets make a difference?

Answer
Try Spiegel.com, Domestications.com, Linens and Things, TJMaxx, Marshall's, Stein Mart.  I particularly like JCPenney linens - same brand names as larger and more expensive department stores.  

Higher thread counts indicate softness.  Try washing and drying your higher thread count sheets before using them.  Laundering them removes the "stiffener" used in the packaging process.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik