Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom

Question
QUESTION: I have recently inherited 75-yr old furniture in a red oak color, very traditional. I have beige carpeting in my bedroom, my husband thinks a sage color for the walls, please help not sure how to coordinate colors for this room, the bedroom is 16 x 20 so it can handle anything.. Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Melissa,
75-yrs old furniture...!!..that is something great...!!!

Well considering your flooring and the kind of furniture you have I would say sage is a good option but just to give you a little more ideas I would also suggest you bright red or dark orange for your walls. I have used this code at various places and it has turned out very good.But cause I don't have the picture of your room you would be the best judge for that .

Hope this information could help you good

Take Care

Sarthak

QUESTION: Thanks for your answer, I think I will stick to the sage, I have red in another room, thank you.  Any suggestions for bedding, curtains and trim, to be honest I really did not want to go to light on the bedding as I have all boys in my home

Answer
Hi Melissa,
All boys in home...I can understand very well why you don't want light bedding.

Well in that case you may go for light jade color bedding, use a rich texture, will match just perfect with the walls. Use dark cream or white color curtains and use wooden trim. Hang paintings across the room and definitely a lamp shade. With beige carpet and such setting in the room, your room would rock!!

Hope this could be of some help to you.

Please revert back incase of any doubt

Take care

Sarthak

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria