Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom Colours

Question

I am trying to decorate our bedroom in our new house.  Our comforter is charcoil gray and I want to match a colour with that.  I want to paint the walls and my furniture.  I was thinking of going a light green with a moss green either ragged or washed over the light green on the walls.  And then painting my furniture light gray with a crackle dark gray paint over.  And I was stuck on the pillow shames and curtains.  This was just an idea I was thinking of, if you happen to have a better idea with different colours, I'm up for anything.  Something modern and no flowers.  Thank you for you help. :)

Answer
Hi Kim,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  Charcoal grey works well with all members of the red family; cranberry, cherry, orange, terra cotta, nutmeg and of course white.  

Since you don't care for flowers and you want modern, how about sticking with 3 colors and using them over and over throughout the space?  If you like pale moss green that will work, and again, add white.  

If you opt to rag your walls, use 3 colors total and use the color you want to see most of as your last coat.  Visit www.fauxlikeapro.com for helpful hints and how-to's.

Unless you like country, I'd also avoid crackle finishes...

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik