Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom Painting

Question
Hi Jenny, Thanks for your help.  The bedroom will be for me and my wife.  And she likes purple and orange, but not too dark.  We both like modern and contemporary style.  All the trims around the bedroom will also be in natural red oak.  Also, any suggestions on our master bath.  Thanks again.  Ron

-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
I am remodeling my bedroom, dimension about 11.5' x 20.5'.  The bedroom also had a hallway that is 40" x 90" that leads into the bedroom.  I am about 28 years old, and will have cherry color bedroom sets, and natural red oak hardwood floor.  Would like to get some suggestions from you on what color paint or paints to use in my bedroom.  Thanks,
Answer -
Hi Ron,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  Before I can answer or even suggest colors to you, I need to know what colors appeal to you -- what you like and don't like.

Your bedroom is good sized, and obviously the cherry furniture and natural red oak hardwood floor are beautiful together.  

When it comes to color, you need to surround yourself with the color(s) that you love.  Some prefer neutrals, some dark shades/tones.  If you like blue, you may want to have a slightly nautical slant to your decor and use ocean colors for the walls and ceiling.  If you prefer something more formal, you might go with shades green;  lighter for a softer look (not soft, just soft-er), darker for a more formal, masculine feel, and more middle of the road for an earthy feel.  

If you love the outdoors, are an outdoors enthusiast, or just love bold color, you may want to consider the autumn shades of burnt orange (not Hooter's orange, but a more sienna shade) or a burgandy.

If something here strikes you, take it.  If not, write back as a follow-up and give me some idea of what your tastes are.  

Thanks.
Jenny

Answer
If you like the same color palette that your wife does, then great.  A soft purple would be beautiful on the walls in the bedroom, and adding a soft green (like a celery or moss green) as an accent color would be beautiful.  You might consider painting the master bath in the celery green, with accents of purple (to match the bedroom).  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik