Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom accessories

We have a very old home with beautiful blue hydrangea wallpaper. It has a white background with the blue flowers and greens. We have white lace curtains but they just don't do much for the room. We have dark cherry furniture. Any ideas for curtains ,drapes, etc?

The white lace curtains are fine as "part" of the window dressing, but need the strength of a sturdy fabric to make the full treatment.  Add some solid colored blue draperies to the windows to add some much needed weight and volume.  
Match the blue to your wallpaper, and accessorize in this color as well as a sunny shade of yellow.  

Thanks for writing.  You're off to a great start.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology