Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom help

Hi Jenny!

I need major help. I have decorated my entire help, but have run out of ideas now that I have hit my bedroom. My primary problem is related to my dresser and bench. Both of these are from India. The dresser's primary color is grey/silver (with touches of gold), while the bench has similar collors with a red and gold fabric. Currently all the walls in the room are white as are closet door etc. I have no headboard and no end tables. Please please direct me to some ideas. I would like to upload photos, but since I cant figure it out, I am directing you to photobucket. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY INPUT!

Thanks for your question.  Photobucket didn't allow me to view the photos, but I have suggestions for you regardless.

First and foremost, get rid of the white walls.  Add some (your favorite) warm, inviting color to the walls.  Since you don't have a headboard or side tables, you may want to either paint the wall behind your headboard in a darker richer shade of the wall color, or create the "appearance" of a headboard with floor to ceiling fabric/drapes.  

Incorporate the red and gold (from the bench) into the color scheme, and if nothing else, add a red and a gold pillow to the bed.

Hope this helps you.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology