Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom with large picture windows

Question
My master bedroom is 17' by 13'.  One 17' wall has a nine foot picture window an the other 17' wall has the entry door in one corner.  The 13' walls are filled with a ten foot picture window and the other has two doors with about 40" in between.  The windows are on the front and side of the house, a raised ranch, so privacy is an issue and so is exterior appearance.  What can I do to minimize the windows - is it better to have the window coverings the same color as the walls?  And is there any other furniture arrangement besides having the bed on the only available wall and remaining furniture in the corner?  Thanks so much for your help.  

Answer
Hello Cyndi,
First thought is to cover the windows with shutters and  integrate them into the architecture of the home.

Second, if you place the bed in front of the window with shutters, that could become a focal point and a mock headboard.  The shutters can be white or woodgrained.   The upper window shutters can be opened to allow light into the room.

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID  

Decorating & Furniture