Decorating & Furniture/My Bedroom

Question
Hi, I want to give my bedroom a whole new look. Usually I'm really good at decorating, but I need help. I'm 15 about to be 16 and I want a more "grown up" bedroom. I also know that I want like a hippie, bohemian, 70's feel to it. I dont want my room to get too crazy and wild though. Because I have that now. and I'm really sick of it. Plus my mom hates it. Of course I would be doing this on a budget so if you have any ideas please tell me, thanx

Answer
What you're describing sounds "retro" to me, so consider basing your color scheme around these:  bright green, burnt orange, pale yellow, hot pink.  Those colors in combination produce a retro feel, and while more adult than what you perhaps have now, they're still appropriate for someone your age.  

Shag rugs in one color, throw pillows in all those colors, and perhaps painting one wall the same color as the shag rugs will get you coordinated.  Select only your favorite things, and you'll have a new room that you will be proud of.  

Jenny

PS:  Check Target, WalMart and/or KMart for these items at great prices.:>)

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik