Decorating & Furniture/My Bedroom

Hi, I want to give my bedroom a whole new look. Usually I'm really good at decorating, but I need help. I'm 15 about to be 16 and I want a more "grown up" bedroom. I also know that I want like a hippie, bohemian, 70's feel to it. I dont want my room to get too crazy and wild though. Because I have that now. and I'm really sick of it. Plus my mom hates it. Of course I would be doing this on a budget so if you have any ideas please tell me, thanx

What you're describing sounds "retro" to me, so consider basing your color scheme around these:  bright green, burnt orange, pale yellow, hot pink.  Those colors in combination produce a retro feel, and while more adult than what you perhaps have now, they're still appropriate for someone your age.  

Shag rugs in one color, throw pillows in all those colors, and perhaps painting one wall the same color as the shag rugs will get you coordinated.  Select only your favorite things, and you'll have a new room that you will be proud of.  

PS:  Check Target, WalMart and/or KMart for these items at great prices.:>)

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology