Decorating & Furniture/Black Couches

I have a 16x13 living room that has black couches.  I want my living room to feel inviting and confy.  I do LOVE modern look, however I am looking for a warm look.  Any ideas on what color I should paint the walls and accent the room?

For a classy yet comfortable look, use either a dark camel shade OR a taupe.  Either of these will do the trick.  To accent the space, select one primary color family and use shades of that over and over in the room, i.e., primary color red - use cranberry throughout as an accent; blue - use the new hot turquoise shade of blue; green - use either pale sage or celery.  You get the picture!

Pull your accent color, furniture color and wall color together by using a large rug that has all these shades (and more) in it.  

Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology