Decorating & Furniture/Black leather - how to personalize?

I bought a black leather sofa, love seat, chair and two-ottoman set.  It has
clean lines and is described as "a beefy contemporary frame on a wood base
with spare button tufting."  I also purchased two table lamps with a dark
wood base and chrome shades.

I love it - but am a color girl and don't know how to offset the bachelor vibe.  
I love all color, but don't look good in yellow or orange and tend to love all
shades of purple.   What kind of accents would spice this up and make is
feminine?  Also, what kind of side tables / coffee table would keep things
light?  Thanks so much for your help!

I would add purple pillows and artwork. I would go with a light wood on furniture pieces.

I have an interior design blog and I recently posted living rooms with purple accents. Check it out for inspiration at

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book