Decorating & Furniture/Blue/Brown Combo

Question
We have Ethan Allen chairs in a small check blue, cream, and orange check - practically brand new and fell in love with a dark brown couch and love seat for a "Game Room or Men's Sports Room". I placed a soft blue pillow on the couch and loveseat and it seems to go but I have been leary of the brown-blue combo. What do you think - can I get away with it or do I have to ourchase new chairs?

Answer
I see no problem with this at all Susan.

Blue and brown is a lovely combination as long as the blue isn't too dark.

If you are still unsure, why not pick the orange out of the chairs rather than the blue and accessorise the sofa with orange cushions and add in a plain orange rug?

I love orange and it manages to be both contemporary and traditional so fits in with almost any style of decor.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston