Decorating & Furniture/Bold Walls & Celing color

We live in a small (800 SQ Ft) French Quarter apt. It consists of
two rooms of equal size with an arched glass door separating
the rooms. There is also a small bathroom & galley kitchen. We
have gone with bold colors for three of the rooms, leaving the
bathroom white. The first large room is "Heart Throb Red", the
second large room is "Caribbean Blue".  The kitchen is "Coral
Bead"(all Sherwin Williams). You can see the other two rooms
from whichever room you are in. I love the colors together, but
what to do with the ceilings? The trim and floors are "Antique
White", but open to suggestions.  We are going for a Modern
Boutique Hotel / Turn of the Century Bordello look.  Thank you
for your time with is color dilemma!

Take the wall color from one room, tone it down a shade or two by adding white to the mix and paint the ceiling in the adjacent room in that color.  By cross-pollinating the paint color, you achieve a cohesive look.  Oh - and paint that bath something other than white.  

Regards, Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology