Decorating & Furniture/Brightening up a basement apartment

Question
Thank-you for considering my question.

There is a huge housing shortage in my town and I am being forced to take an apartment in the basement of a rather nice complex. It is two bedrooms with white walls and beige carpeting. My livingroom furniture is a sand/burgandy/green floral fabric, my bedroom items are a brass bed, red and walnut dresser and walnut nightstand. My comforter is a vintage red and turquoise floral. My bathroom accessories are pink floral. What should I do with the walls? I can paint, but I don't know what colors would warm the place up. There is limited light coming in through the windows. Should I use full spectrum lighting in my lamps?
I'm trying to look on the "bright" side, but it is a challenge!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Answer
Thanks for writing and for your question.  You might consider painting the walls a warm yellow - buttery shade.  This will coordinate with your other colors, and give you the "bright" side that you need.  Yellow reflects light very well, and is a happy color.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik