Decorating & Furniture/Brown Carpet

I just moved into a new apartment and we have brown carpet. I have no idea what color couch and curtains to get to really make my living pop. Thanks for your response in advance.

I am sorry I was not able to get back to you sooner.  Thamk you for writing.  

There are MANY different color combinations that work very will with brown.  My first quesitons is... what kind of area do you live in?  What age bracket are you in?  What kind of style do you tend to like?  Transitional, more modern, traditional, etc.  If you would like to write me back with answers to these questions, I can offer an more informed answer.

Hot color combo's today include soft baby blues with chocolate browns.  Soft to medium color greens, from a pale lime to a real grass green, are also great mixtures with brown.  Also, there is a wonderful pink out on the market now, that works wonderfully with browns ranging in tone from light brown to a dark chocolate brown.

Thank you for writing.

Best of luck to you,

Julie Henry
Julie's Interior Designs
Hackettstown, NJ

Decorating & Furniture

Julie Henry

In the past 22 years, I have assisted countless residential (and some commercial) clients in the design and decorating of their homes. Within reason, I can assist on ANY question for the interior of your home. From design of a new home or addition, to layout, color, truly custom window treatments or just accessorizing... as our brochure says... from ceiling to floor, windows to walls and EVERYTHING in between... if it is for the Interior of your home, call Julie's Interior Designs. Well... you don't have to call, just write and ask!

With twenty two years of experience, 18 of them self employed with a large showroom/retail store and great staff on my team, there is little I/we haven't encountered. For several years I enjoyed being the on air "Home Editor" of the local cable station and have written a column in several local newspapers for years. Taught Interior Design at the college level. My work has been published in numerous magazines and newspapers. This is the greatest job on earth, and not nearly as easy at it looks...

William Paterson College, NJ, Ramapo College NJ, Continuing Education with trade periodicals, etc.

Multiple for custom window treatments, best local business in our county (located in northwestern NJ,) best home furnishing store in our county, etc.