Decorating & Furniture/Brown Furniture & Brown Walls?

Question
We're redoing our master bath - and are going to redecorate the bedroom too.  We've decided on a dark brown, lime green and ice blue color pattern.  In the bathroom, we're going to paint it the ice blue.  The trouble arises in the bedroom.  We want to go with a dark brown comforter with blankets, pillows and sheets for the blue and green colors.  The dresser and chest are also dark brown.  Is it okay if we also paint the walls a dark brown, with one wall for the green?  I'm concerned about the comforter, furniture and bed being dark brown.  But my partner assures me it will be okay.

Answer
If you're going for a monochromatic color design, you're right on by painting the walls dark and having dark furniture and a dark comforter.  (Monochromatic means using one color over and over in varying textures.)  I would suggest that your "dark browns" vary a bit to add interest and a touch of contrast.  It will work, especially with the splashes of green and blue.

Jenny

PS:  I'd opt for a bright white trim (window casings, doors etc.) to add contrast in both the bath and bedroom.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik