Decorating & Furniture/COLOUR

Question
MY HUSBAND RECENTLY SURPRISED ME WITH A GIFT OF CHAIRS! THEY ARE VERY  NICE BUT THE PROBLEM IS COLOUR... THEY ARE ALL BEIGE WITH BLACK AND BEIGE PRINTINGS ON THE FRONT.WHAT WALL ,CARPET,ACCESSORIES AND CURTAIN COLOURS CAN MAKE THE LIVING ROOM BRIGHT AND AT THE SAME TIME COORDINATE WITH THESE CHAIRS? I LIKE CONTEMPORARY STYLE OF DECORATION

Answer
Dear Elsie,
On your question I will give you a couple of choices and then based on your taste, budget and llifestyle you make the final decision.

I'll give you the color and you decide how to use it.  The color is red and the Benjamin Moore color chips are either "Geranium 1307" or "Coral Bronze 1298."  If you paint your walls with either version of this color, tone down your accessories (carpet, curtains, etc) using either band black and beige as your other colors.  Additional bold color may only be added in the form of flowers.

Or if you paint your walls the same beige that is on your chairs, then use the red in your accessories, window treatments, etc.  To add drama to the room, have a decorative painter copy on one wall the beige and black paintings that are on your chairs, on a larger scale.  Or you can have a custom made wallpaper coveringon a wall featuring the black and beige paintings on your chairs.  You can contact "Cindy Avroch Studios" (www.cindyavrochstudios.com) for information.
Now if you decide to do this the muraled wall will have to be on the wall across from your focal point.

Elsie, good luck with your decorating and I do hope you enjoy your new chairs,
Cindy

Decorating & Furniture

Cindy Pagiatakis