Decorating & Furniture/Carpet wall color coordination.

Question
We are building a new house with the great room, kitchen, dining room and home office all open to each other.  My new sofa is traditional with a floral pattern of pink, beige, wine and a darker chamois color.  The carpet is a light biege.  Should I make my walls a darker taupe and would it look good to use the wine color in the dining room?  My kitchen cabinets will be natural maple and the home office is next to the kitchen.  If the office is also maple would this be to much maple or should I go for a darker wood for variation?

Answer
Yes.  Use taupe for the walls and accent with the wine shade, then carry the wine shade into the adjoining room.  If you are the kind of person who prefers that everything match, then stay with the maple throughout.  

Be sure to carry these colors (from your sofa) into all the adjoining rooms in some way, even if it's just accessories.  It will look very coordinated if you do so.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik