Decorating & Furniture/Chair


Maybe you can help me.  There is a furniture website called  On this week's site, they are showing a beautiful chair which they call a balloon chair.  The sides of the chair come up and form an enclosure around the top.  Do you know what this type of chair is called?  I did a search for balloon chairs and nothing like this came up.  Also, do you know who might manufacture these chairs as i would like to see other fabrics for it other than the one shown on Horchow.  Thank you.

Dear Adrienne,
   Wow, what a beautiful chair. I wish I could help you but I have no idea what it is called. I wonder if it is something recently designed to look antique or if they existed a long time ago. If you find out, I would love to know.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID


I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book


Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book

©2017 All rights reserved.