Decorating & Furniture/Cherry and Wine color OVERLOAD!

I just read your advice to a homeowner who had thought they over did the Cherry, I am in the same boat so I loved your answer, I think it will help me.
I do have another problem though...we are turning our large formal area into a pool hall...we bought a cherry wood pool table with wine color felt, cherry pool chairs and a cherry bar to put in the corner...all of this along with Dark hardwood floors!!  What wall pint color would you suggest (nothing bright please...), and do you have any ideas on how I can brighten this room up without loosing the dark, cigar/gentleman club feel?

Thanks in advance!!

Two color recommendations come to mind immediately - one is a sage green (medium shade - not pastel) and the other is a taupe.  

To brighten up the space, add chrome (if you like chrome/silver/pewter) accents.  From barware to candlesticks  - chrome will give it a lift.  If you dislike silver, you can use glass - crystal pieces that reflect the light or worst case - antique bronze.   

Also, please add a touch of black to the space - a picture frame or a candlestick - just something to "ground" all that cherry and wine!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology