Decorating & Furniture/Choosing bedroom color

Hi-We just recently moved into a new house and I wanted to create a wonderful... sanctuary of a master bedroom now that I have a clean slate.  In our old house, our bedroom was plain with lots of light, light walls, light furniture, light everything.  We are keeping the light furniture and we'd like to use our dark gray and blue  silk comforter set in our new bedroom, but would like to know if it goes with the light wood.  If so, what color should I paint the walls?  Oh, and the rug in a very light tan color.
Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Hi Carolyn,
First of all I am sorry for the delay in answering you. My apology to that. I read your question but Carolyn i'll need to see the pic of your comforter as well as your room and furniture. Only then will I be ale to give u my best Input.

Please send me the pics, you may email them to me at

Thanks and Regards
Sarthak Bartaria,

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria

Ask me anything that concerns the way you should design the interiors so that that they improve the ambience of your house. I can very well help you out with the ways you should use those furnitures which you thought were useless. Ask me before throwing anything from your house, may be I can help you use it better

I am in this business since past 3 years in Mumbai, India. I have a personal firm where we help people with the interior decorations of their house and offices.

Dimploma in Interior Designing from the National Institute of Designing