Decorating & Furniture/Choosing complimentary paint for my living room

Question
I am struggling to choose a palette of complimentary colors for my living room walls.  The sofa is tan. The tables and armoire are a very dark brown (Asian inspired furniture).  My accent colors are red, bergundy and just a hint of gold.  The living room can be viewed from the dining room and the dining room from the kitchen.  I have not painted any of these rooms but would like the colors to flow (complement each other). I would like my kitchen color scheme to include cream, green and copper.  The dining room chairs have a faux suede finish in taupe and the table top is glass.  My husband and I both want some (strong)color in the living, dining and kitchen but only on an accent wall.  Do you have any suggestions.  The room gets good sunlight (though not necessarily blinding sunlight).

Thank you,

Brenda

Answer
Brenda,

Pull an accent color for your walls. The reds, golds and copper colors would be perfect. If you tie in a green in the kitchen, then bring it out somehow in the rest of the space in pillows, candels, pictures, and window treatments. The key it to keep things consistant.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell