Decorating & Furniture/Color of Walls in Family room

Question
I have a 16x20 family room, garage turned family room.cathedral ceilings, 9 foot door wall with 3 panels of windows to the west and 1 large window to the East.  Fireplace on the angle of the room next to the large window.  Step up to the Kitchen.  Family room also has brick wall which was part of attached garage.  I have beige carpet with a blue (country Blue) leather lazy boy chair, blue sofa and chair with green (light) and blue pattern.  I've been to several paint stores with a designer on hand.  They have told me to go with green on the walls (that is in the chair)  I've always had a light color on the walls.  Any suggestions.  

Answer
stephanie:

Well stephanie unfortunely based on information provided that would probably be the best color choice given the fact that everything else is blue and to much blue is not a good thing. If you dont like that idea paint a light tan color I am sure you will see that color is a better color than the thought of green for you.

Thanks
Jean

Decorating & Furniture

Jean DeJesus