Decorating & Furniture/Color coordination of window blinds

We just replaced every window in the house with dark brown aluminum windows with grids.  We want to put up horizontal blinds but are arguing over the color.  I want dark brown to match the windows and outside wood trim of the house while my wife wants an off-white that matches the trim inside the house and the outside stucco.  Either color would match the inside walls, which are beige/tan.  Can you offer any suggestions?  Thanks very, very much.    Lou

Hi Lou (and Char),

You're obviously trying to get me in trouble here by making a decision, coming down on one side or the other! Ha.  Ok, I have to defer to Char's desire for off-white, because using a darker tone will draw more attention to the window, diffuse light outward rather than inward and create too much contrast between the walls and the window.  Sorry Lou.  Thanks for writing.  

Best Regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology