Decorating & Furniture/Color cordination in my living room - Help please

My Couch
My Couch  
need help decorating my living room.  I have a lot of dark wood in my living room - there are dark wood beams, and a huge rustic fire place with brown and nuetral stones.  I want to go with browns and blues.  Here is my problem.  If I want to do browns and blues can I have a couch and love seat, and chair that is a greenish brown color?  I have attached a picture of it but in the picture you can hardly tell its green.  Please help.  My inlaws are coming for the holidays.  

The picture is not of my living room just of my couch.  

Hi Kathy

This is hard for me to answer well without actually seeing the true color of the couch but my first thought was that the brown and blue color scheme would work best with the green tone of the couch if the shade of blue that you choose is also slightly green - like a peacock.

A fabric like this:

gives you brown and some of the neutral coloring that you already have and brings in some sage green in the leaves and a couple of beautiful shades of blue that you could then use elsewhere in the room.

If, for example, you used this fabric to make a few cushion covers:

for the couch you could pick out your favorite of the blue shades to add a few more plain fabric cushion covers and perhaps an area rug and feature wall.

The colors in this fabric will bring together all the colors in the room and would therefore give it the appearance of being a deliberate interior decorating plan rather than a mixture of bits and pieces.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit