Decorating & Furniture/Color for counter tops and floor in kitchen

We are doing a complete kitchen remodle. I'm going with a white or almond distressed or glazed cabinets. I am leaning toward dark counters and dark floors. Dark being almost blackish(should i go with the green/black) on the counter and a tile floor that is a natural rough tile that has hues ranging from dark greens to blackish tones.  A portion of 1 wall is the back of a red brick fireplace. It will be flanked on each side by pantry cabinets.there will be an opening on each side leading to a dining room with a traditional hardwood floor that would but up to the tile floor. The other end will flank a carpeted family room in tone of green. What do you think of this color scheme?

The green/black combination will give you a more coordinated, planned look.  I'd opt for that.  You don't mention wall color.  Don't leave the walls white with this scheme.  Paint them at the very least a taupe (Glidden's Toasty Grey is my favorite) or use a complimentary green.

PS:  In case you wonder why I recommend this, it's because the white and black will absolutely cause too much contrast with no background color.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology