Decorating & Furniture/Color question.

Question
Hello Jenny, My name is Jennifer Terry, You've helped me with some questions before, about my basement and my master bedroom, thank you! I did do a faux finish in my basement, I used a light color, a gold glaze and final was a brownish glaze, over all it's fine, a bit dark but I've never done it before. The look i was going for and do have just a little darker is goldish walls with brown flowing thru. My question to you is this: I didn't faux every wall but most of them. I have two walls and a small hallway to paint. I would leave it the base color but there was a mistake matching the base and it's actually a bananna cream and that doesn't flow with the walls at all. Should I use a gold color in the same family? Should it be lighter than the fauxed walls or just about the same? OR, should I use a light brown or blonde color. Please keep in mind the color of the futons/sofas are deep royalish blue. This blue does flow very nicely with the walls. Oh boy, I suffer from color anxiety big time! Thanks for the advice on the toasty grey for my master bedroom.....looks great!!!!! Any suggestion on color to finsih this room would be very helpful! Thanks for your time!
Jennifer Terry

Answer
Jennifer,

Take any one of the colors from your faux treatment and paint the other walls (solid) in that color.  

With faux painting it's important to remember that the color you apply last is the color you see most of.  If the fauxed walls appear too dark, then use the second color, not the last for the solidly painted wall areas.

Glad you like the Toasty Grey.  I've literally painted the world with it, and have recommended it to every colorphobic person I know!

Regards
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik