Decorating & Furniture/Color recommendations to coordinate with Stickley "Old Mansion" Stain

Question
Hi.  I need to build an adult bedroom around a Stickley Gramercy Park cherry queen bed in "old mansion" stain with two mismatching Stickley Metropolitan cherry/walnut nightstands also in "old mansion" stain.  Would like to include in the room (but it is not necessary to do so) an Ethan Allen Shaker-style drop-front desk in cherry/maple and a Hitchcock black painted side chair to use with the desk.  New England climate.  Would appreciate any suggestions for color palette for walls, floor, bedding.  Thanks.

Answer
Without knowing the colors that you prefer and particularly like, I'd consider either a pale blue OR a pale yellow.  With either color, you could easily make a grand statement with painted stripes, leaving the negative color a white and adding a toile fabric at the windows.  If you paint the room blue (blue stripe) then make the toile yellow/blue or yellow/black.  If you paint the room yellow (yellow stripe) then select the toile in blue/cream.

Bed linenes could be coordinated with the toile by using it as a bed skirt and shams and using a year-round weight down duvet as your covering.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik