Decorating & Furniture/Color selection

I have a half bath I would like to redo.  Tile is robin egg blue in shower and floor only.  Walls are white with a border, light oak accessories.  Since I am limited by the tile color, I would like advice on what colors I can add that will blend with tile color. Thanks for your help.  

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the question.  If you like a monochromatic (all one color) look (very sophisticated) then paint the walls in a slightly different lighter shade of the blue.  Make sure you follow through on towels and accessories, adding more blues to the mix.  If you combine different textures in the same color, it makes the look more pulled together.  

For a more contemporary flair, paint the walls a darker shade of the blue and trim with bright white or silver.  If you prefer a casual, comfy look, paint the walls a pale yellow.  

If the room needs height, you can always paint with a flat finish, then tape off equal width "stripes" with painters tape and paint inside them with the same color paint only a high gloss finish.  It will give a tone on tone look.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology