Decorating & Furniture/Color selection

Question
I have a half bath I would like to redo.  Tile is robin egg blue in shower and floor only.  Walls are white with a border, light oak accessories.  Since I am limited by the tile color, I would like advice on what colors I can add that will blend with tile color. Thanks for your help.  

Answer
Hi Donna,

Thanks for the question.  If you like a monochromatic (all one color) look (very sophisticated) then paint the walls in a slightly different lighter shade of the blue.  Make sure you follow through on towels and accessories, adding more blues to the mix.  If you combine different textures in the same color, it makes the look more pulled together.  

For a more contemporary flair, paint the walls a darker shade of the blue and trim with bright white or silver.  If you prefer a casual, comfy look, paint the walls a pale yellow.  

If the room needs height, you can always paint with a flat finish, then tape off equal width "stripes" with painters tape and paint inside them with the same color paint only a high gloss finish.  It will give a tone on tone look.

Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik