Decorating & Furniture/Colors for a room

I have a room with a brown leather sofa and loveseat.  I plan to decorate with red (curtains) and rust (pillows) and perhaps paint the walls with a pale gold or yellow-beige color. I have a piece of fabric that I will make pillows out of that was my inspiration.  It has a bluish background with red and rust suade-like stripes.  Will these colors work?  What other accent color goes with red and rust? I would like something in the blue/green/purple family.

Is there a web site somewhere were you can pick a color and it will show you the shades in each color that will coordinate with it?

Reds and russets are great colors.  The accent colors that work best with reds are greens because they are color opposites.  My favorite combination with dark brown is pale icy blue and gold.  

Good for you in taking your color cues from fabric.  You can trust that all those colors will work together.  

As for a web site that allows you to select and see color, visit

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology