Decorating & Furniture/Colors that go together

Question
Hi, I really struggle because I like color but can't put different colors together..I would appreciate any help. I have a 100 yr old home. The walls are plaster and I just installed a terra cotta tile fl in a hearinbone pattern floor in the entryway. The LR and DR have light oak flrs. The kitchen will have some sort of tile..The cabinets are new white with a coffee bean glaze. Anyway, my LR furniture is brown leather kind of mission style. same with DR table I would like the DR to be a Mississippi Mud color (all ceilings are 9 ft), maybe a blue LR..Do they flow..One room goes into the other thru pocket doors..Darker wood. And how can I tie the entry way in and the hallway going upstairs...Again te walls are plaster and are not smooth they have a swirly texture...  Thank you for all yor help

Answer
Brett,

Thanks for writing.

The mud color and blue go well together. Try a pale blue lighter navy but much darker than a sky blue. Another great mission style color that goes well with the brown leather is a mustard yellow.

As far as the hallway, make the entry and hall the same color so you are not chopping things up too much. The key is consistancy! Try a terra-cotta, taupe, olive green or cream in that area to try everything together.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell