Decorating & Furniture/Colour Coordination

Question
We just built a townhouse.  I don't know what colour furniture to buy for our living room.  the carpet is a deep charcoal and the walls a medium grey.  We have one sofa that is a reddish brown.  We still want to buy a love seat and two recliners - what colors should we go with to match our existing sofa and the surrounding colours?

Answer
Michelle,

Thanks for writing.

You may want to try corolating a fabric with the same tones as the sofa and have a piece custome done. Many times the nicer local fabric stores offer this service where you can pick out the frame and have the fabric of your choice put on. Other colors that may be of intrest are brown leather (nice on a side chair), and then golds and rust toned colors. You will want to stay away from any fabric with a lot of grey because it is going to get too washed out with the walls and carpet, however you may find a fabric with a hint of grey in the print and that would look really sharp and pull everything together.

Good Luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell