Decorating & Furniture/Colour scheme

I am repainting my 5meters/5meters bedroom and I was wanting to do it in an interesting colour.

I had christmas tree green or sunset orange in mind - I have been told that these are too bright and I will need to choose some lighter colours.

In your opinion dose it break any decorating rule to paint a bedroom in this colour?

Hi Rav,

No rules are broken by using "any" paint color.  Your own good taste and comfort level is what is important here.  I urge people to paint their rooms in colors that enliven them, make them happy and that they feel good being in.  If green or orange is yours, then go for it.   

Even if you paint the entire room and decide you are not happy with the color, it's another gallon of paint and some effort, but easily changed.

Paint is one of the easiest and most economical ways to make a huge decorating impact in your home.  Paint for your own satisfaction, not others.

Thanks for writing.  Good luck on your paint project.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology