Decorating & Furniture/Colour scheme

Question
Hi

I am repainting my 5meters/5meters bedroom and I was wanting to do it in an interesting colour.

I had christmas tree green or sunset orange in mind - I have been told that these are too bright and I will need to choose some lighter colours.

In your opinion dose it break any decorating rule to paint a bedroom in this colour?

Answer

Hi Rav,

No rules are broken by using "any" paint color.  Your own good taste and comfort level is what is important here.  I urge people to paint their rooms in colors that enliven them, make them happy and that they feel good being in.  If green or orange is yours, then go for it.   

Even if you paint the entire room and decide you are not happy with the color, it's another gallon of paint and some effort, but easily changed.

Paint is one of the easiest and most economical ways to make a huge decorating impact in your home.  Paint for your own satisfaction, not others.

Thanks for writing.  Good luck on your paint project.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik