Decorating & Furniture/Combining blinds & drapes

What do you think about having blinds on the 3 bay windows of a living room (East facing) and drapes on the one South-facing window.  

It sounds as though you need privacy/light control on the 3 bay windows.  I think it's fine to use blinds and draperies on the other windows.  You "may" want to add a single pair to either end of the "bay" to coordinate, but try it "blinds alone" first and see how you feel it looks.  There's no rule here, just your own good taste.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology