Decorating & Furniture/Contemporary home/Antique home

Question
Me and my fiance are buying a home which has a comtemporary layout...celing fans w/skylights in the TV room. My parents are in the antique business and I know they are giving us alot of nice antiques and I always love chandeliers. But, how can i combine both type of looks in a room? Would look odd to put a chandelier with antiques in a room w/a skylight?
Or would I have to section off the room w/the skylight and make maybe a seperate section for the antique look(chandeliers, antiques)?  

Answer
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your question.  You can add antiques to any decor that you choose.  Sometimes the "juxtaposition" of modern and antique create the interest a room needs.  It's sort of like pairing a flat screen monitor for a computer on a roll-top desk.  Kinda kitchy, but cool.

Decorate your space with the things that you love, and I guarantee you will be happy with what you've done.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik