Decorating & Furniture/Converting walk in closet to nursery

Question
Hello.  My husband and I are expecting my first child.  We live in a three bedroom house but my two step children are there 1/2 the time so all three bedrooms are occupied.  We have a moderately sized walk in closet that we were thinking of turning into the nursery but don't really have any good ideas on how to make it work.  It's roughly 6x6 with a window on one wall and a door on the wall opposite the window.  My husband envisioned a wall to wall builtin bed and storage area on one of the walls but haven't a clue how to pull it off or design it so it's safe for the baby.  Your thoughts are grealy appreciated!

~Nikki

Answer
That's a very tiny space, so everything that can be should be built in.  Your best bet is to consult with a designer in your area to maximize your results.  He/she may "see" a way to eek out additional space from an adjoining room, or may see something that can't be described easily, i.e., the overall space under the window MAY BE a large enough space to house a crib.  A designer will be a great help to you in this space planning, and whatever it costs will be worth it to you and your baby in the long run.  He/she can also help you find a reliable contractor if you need one.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik