Decorating & Furniture/Coordinating Furniture color and Wall paint color?

I'm trying to find paint for wall color to match new sofa and floors.  The room is completely empty.  Ceiling is white.  Trim is white.  Floors will be BHK laminate Natural Apple (mixture of shades).  Sofa is Lazyboy leather w/recliner on both sides.  LAZBM 44353  FL828409  Color is wine.  Looks like a deep plum under the store lighting.  Style choice is Traditional/Contemporary.  I want style yet eye pleasing and functional.  Room size is 14' x 20' with a double window.  4 ft. Arched entryway to Kitchen.  Kitchen is blue & white.  I have no vision of how to make something come together.  Any guidance would be appreciated!

Start with a safe, neutral -- taupe.  My favorite is Toasty Grey by Glidden.  Glidden paints are available at Home Depot as well as Glidden retailer outlets.  

This color will be a beautiful backdrop to your furniture and floors.  Keep the trim white.  Painting the ceiling the same taupe is your choice.

Best wishes,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology