Decorating & Furniture/Cork for Kitchen Floors

Question
What's your experience with using Cork Tiles for Kitchen Floors. I loved the rustic look for our log cabin home, and thought it would be good on the feet. I got a sample from a cork floor tile firm and it dented easily under the weight of a chair and didn't recover.

Answer
Ann,

Thanks for writing.

The chairs may be your biggest problem! The cork does tend to scratch and dent easily and then there is the staining issue,  but on the plus side it is GREAT underfoot and water resistant and yes, it would be perfect for a log home. This flooring tends to be more in places like a bathrm or untility due to the water resistant and less common in the kitchen due to the staining and denting. May want to try it in your bathrm instead!

Ben  

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell