Decorating & Furniture/Creating two room functions in one room!

I am a newlywed and my step-daughter comes to stay with us every other weekend. The problem is we only have a two bedroom home and I really need my office.
So I am wondering if it is possible to create a kids room/office in one so that she has a space to call her own when she is here and I can keep my office essentials.
I am willing to give up my enormous desk and other furnitures in here, I just need to keep my PC and a few other small things. Any ideas to help me?

Dear Sarah Becker,
   I would suggest purchasing a shoji screen or a free standing rod with curtains. I would suggest placing your office space closer to the entry so you dont have to walk through her space. Hope this helps.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book