Decorating & Furniture/Curtains

Our living room is 12 by 16 feet. (Behr) Plum Blossom paint will be used on the walls and white trim. I was thinking about buying a camel or almond colored sectional. The flooring is laminate wood a golden brown. One double wide and one single wide window. What color curtains do you think will work best with a medium purple room ?
A. White  B. Ivory  C. Navy  D. Lilac E. None of the above  

F.  All of the above.  You have a lot of "solids" going on in the room (and that's good considering that you've stayed neutral with your high ticket furniture, wall color and flooring)so what you really need to do now is add some drama.  It's easiest and most economical to add the drama in the accessories.  They're easier to replace/change than furnishings.  

Combine all the colors that you like (including the ones that are IN the room already) and create your window treatments, throw pillows, rugs etc. with this pattern.  If you like a more "sleek" look, use a fabric that's more muted than bold, but that contains all the colors; a geometric for instance.

Hope this helps you.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology