Decorating & Furniture/Curtains, drapes and rods

Should I match the decorative curtain rods with the metal accents on my furnture or do I match the rods with the curtains and drapes? And do I blend the curtain and drape colors with the colors of the furniture?

Thank you

The simple answer is that it's up to you.  I would probably match the decorative rods with my furnishings as opposed to the draperies themselves, but there's no rule that says do this or do that.  

Pulling in your furniture colors (in draperies) is advised because it makes a more cohesive overall appearance.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology