Decorating & Furniture/DECORATING THE MANTEL OF A TWO WAY FIREPLACE

Question
I have a two way gas fireplace; one side faces the living room and the other faces the family room.  The top of it is open with the exception of a sheetrocked off-center box where the chimney goes to the roof.  One end of it houses a coat closet (for guests); the other end is an open walk through to the two rooms but I have a gorgeous huge bookcase against that wall.

My question is: what can I do to decorate the mantel of the fireplace that is open through out?  I wish I could send you a picture so you could see what I mean.

Answer
Thanks for the question.  I believe you may need to accessorize the mantel with a tall object, i.e. a vase or a decorative art object.  It obviously needs to be something that is visually pleasing from either side.  A grouping of large candlesticks may be another option.  

Hope this helps.  If I've missed the mark, write me back.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik