Decorating & Furniture/Dark Green Carpet Disaster

Question
We just bought a new house and we made a mistake on choosing the carpet color which we did not realize until it's laid out in the whole house. We have a dark green carpet on every room including the living room. I like contemporary style interior with dark furniture.  I need help what color should I paint the walls that still gives me a contemporary look. Also, what color accent should I use in the house to match the dark green carpet.
Please help!

Thank you,
Olive Joy

Answer
Contemporary styling normally involves having a great deal of contrast, so I'd opt to keep the walls a pale to medium shade.  Your best bet may to be a subtle green for the walls, which will make the carpet appear to be more "intentional".  If you do that, keep your moldings white gloss.

As for accent color, you should opt for your favorite shade of the red family which can be anything from aubergine to cherry to pink.  Red is the color opposite of green.  If that scares you, choose another cool color such as blue and lighten it up.

Jenny

PS:  You can always cover your living room carpet with a crisp white or off-white room sized rug, leaving only the carpet showing as a border.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik