Decorating & Furniture/Dark folding closet doors & room door

Question

-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
I'd like to repaint my small bedroom that has dark brown stain on woodwork, two folding closet doors and the bedroom door.  Should I paint the closet doors and molding white?  Would it be weird to have a room without a door as we never close it anyway?  When the room door is open, it covers up some of the closet doors.  I was thinking of replacing the plain folding doors with louvered folding doors and the room door would cover some of the closet.

Answer -
Hello Wendy?
What color were you considering repainting the room? Where is the closet and entry door located?  

Thanks!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Answer
Hi Wendy,
The dark brown wood stain sounds quite nice, especially if you're selecting a light vibrant tone for the bedroom.  Why not remove the door if that's your first idea to gain  flexibility in the room.  Take a second look and then perhaps the folding louvered doors can be stained to match the dark brown.

Good Luck!

Decorating & Furniture