Decorating & Furniture/Decor with Stainless Steel

I recently purchased a condo and it has all new stainless steel appliances.  My dining/kitchen area are in the same room, divided by white cabinets with brown granite countertops.  My wall paint colors are a chocolate milk color on the top portion of the wall, with the bottom a dark chocolate, separated by a white chair rail.  It is OK to have my wall decor (mirror, sconces, etc.) to have an aged brass look, or is it better to stay with a brushed nickel to match the appliances?  

Actually you can bring in BOTH finishes! Select a distressed nickel with an antique finish (not as yellow as brass).  The aged brass is darker brown and should also work, but it also depends on the piece and the location.  Select what you Love and then decide when you get home.  By mixing the antiqued metals with the crisp stainless, there's definitely more character and charm.

Have fun!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Whole house interior space planning and decorating; kitchen layout, and design trends; residential themed environments; selecting furnishings and accessories for your lifestyle.

12 years experience as an interior designer, FIDER graduate and business owner for 5 years. Speciality area: residential interior designer, NKBA certified kitchen designer, and home office designer

Homes of Color magazine, Las Vegas Life magazine, Tucson Home and Garden magazine.

B.A. Interior Design, Marymount University, Arlington, VA