Decorating & Furniture/Decorating Around Black Furniture

Question
I am trying to decorate my bedroom, which has black furniture (acutal black, not espresso).  The carpet is a beige color.  The furniture is modern looking in case that should effect the decision.  

My problem is mainly with my paint and my trim.  My paint is white and my wood trim is cherry.  In my opinion, this needs changed!  What color paint for the walls should I use and what color trim?

Thanks!

Answer
The white walls create too much contrast with the black bed frame.  To warm up the walls you can use a taupe or a medium to dark shade of camel brown.  A beautiful soft blue or a sage green would be great with the black, the cherry and the carpeting.  Your trim color could really go either white or off-white, but I hesitate to suggest painting over cherry wood!  Before you decide on trim color, select some wall color samples and hold them next to the trim to see how well they coordinate.  And if all else fails, paint the trim too!

Jenny

PS:  If you have a favorite color, consider painting the walls in that.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik