Decorating & Furniture/Decorating help

Question
My fiance and I are looking at building a house pretty soon and we have no idea where we need to start with coming up with colors. We have already decided that our bedroom will be done in red and ivory as well as the master bathroom. However we have no idea about the rest of the house. Do you have any ideas on where we can go to look at different rooms, or websites we can visit that will help us? We just need all the help that we can to make it easy and affordable in creating the perfect home for us. We also are on a very tight budget so where can we shop for neat things to decorate our house in as well? Help I am clueless. Thanks

Answer
Well you aren't too clueless because you're sharp enough to ask questions!  Here's a good start.  Decide on the colors that please you (both of you).  You've done that with the bedroom, and that sort of indicates that neither of you are frilly, foo-foo kind of folks.  You like bold colors, bright contrasts and probably you're either leaning toward a traditional or contemporary style as opposed to country or shabby chic.  

Coordinate your colors from room to room.  If you use the red in the bed and bath, put a touch of it (even if it's an accessory) in the other rooms on the same floor.  

Good combinations with what you have selected are black, navy blue, dark green, sage green and even yellow.

Visit websites like www.hgtv.com, www.bhg.com, www.southernliving.com and www.tlc.com for some great ideas.
You can also visit www. traditionalhome.com and www.architecturaldigest.com.

Look at catalogs like Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs for inspiration!

Jenny

PS:  YOu can also pick up the Better Homes and Gardens (BHG) design mags at the grocery store.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik