Decorating & Furniture/Decorating - paint color

I need help selecting paint colors.  We have lived in this home 3 1/2 years and I'm ready for color.  It feels cold and uninviting.  We were going to purchase new furniture but with 3 boys ages 5 and under that seemed wasteful!  However, my husband surprised me with the end tables.  Now the room seems worse.  

Our couch/love seat is plaid - mauves, greens, navys, tan.  The end tables are tan/black marble tops, with white wash legs.  The house trim is all natural oak.  I was hoping to attach photos to this email but wasn't sure how too.

I was hoping paint would help.  Any color suggestions?  THANKS  

How about sending me some photos with this description again to me directly so I can be of more help?  Send the photos to I look forward to seeing them soon.

Happy Decorating
"The Queen of Decorating"
JoAnne Lenart-Weary

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary

I can answer anything that is decorating related. Wall and window treatments, color, furniture, placement, where to begin with a decorating plan, etc.

Almost 30 years as an interior decorator and 4 years of teaching professional workshops to other interior decorators/designers and interior redesigners. Board member for IRIS www.weredesign, founder of ODDAA (One Day Decorating Alumni Association) Weekly guest for ABC affiliate in Erie, Pa. Have also been on HGTV

Baby Talk Magazine
Many newspapers